As a mom, being able to whip up a healthy dessert , with only 4 ingredients, in less than two minutes, is equivalent to having a super-power. This chocolate hummus is even packed with protein and free from nuts. So, yes, you can also pack it into school lunches!
The texture of the black beans adds a layer of creaminess. The cocoa powder provides enough of a fudge-fix to cover up any trace of beans. Lastly, if you’re up for it, the cinnamon gives a nice aroma of winter! Gather your 4 ingredients, puree in a high-powered blender, top with whatever you have, serve with your favorite fruit. BOOM.
How to Eat
- Slice a butternut squash or sweet potato nice and thin. Pop into toaster until soft and a little toasty. Layer with chocolate hummus and enjoy.
- Slice up a mixture of your favorite fruit and serve with fondue sticks.
- Replace the traditional peanut butter sandwich with chocolate hummus, or better yet, just add the chocolate to the peanut butter! That sounds like a perfect marriage to me.
- Chocolate Chips
- Shaved, Unsweetened Organic Coconut
- Slivered Almonds
- Cacao Nibs
- Desiccated Coconut
- Natural Sprinkles, for a special occasion! Choose sprinkles with cane sugar (rather than high fructose corn syrup) and no artificial colorings/preservatives.
Who said dessert has to be painful to make, expensive to create, or expansive to your hips? You’re welcome.
Write a review
- 1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Honey (Or more, if desired)
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth! Enjoy with sliced apples, strawberries, bananas, peaches, pears, or in place of nut butter on your favorite grain or root vegetable.
- **Feel free to add more honey/maple syrup to achieve desired sweetness. Our household tends to prefer less, but adjust to taste!
- **If you are avoiding sugar, try soaking 2-3 dates in hot water. When softened, mix into hummus in place of honey. Additionally, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon adds a lovely twist on this recipe!
[…] no product that gets as much use as our Vitamix. Morning smoothies, afternoon soups, mid-afternoon chocolate hummus, and evening nice creams. Protein bars, desserts, breads, brownies and blondies are all […]